In October, Walmart announced that they were going to be offering Layaway for the holidays. Initially, they decided not to offer Layaway on Black Friday, but now they’ve decided to do so! I made a short video showing what’s in our layaway. It’s not much (I was more so beta testing the service), but we can always add on later if we choose to do so. More details about how Walmart Layaway works are below the video!
What’s in our layaway?
- Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360)
- Just Dance Kids 2 (Xbox 360)
- V.Reader Chuggington Cartridge
- VTech Kidizoom Camera
How Walmart Layaway Works
- Only toys and electronics are eligible for layaway. Click here to view a detailed list of eligible items.
- Layaway applies to items purchased in stores and not online purchases.
- Total purchase must be $50 or more.
- Each item must be $15 or more.
- Customers will be charged a $5 service fee plus 10% down payment.
- Layaway begins October 17th. Final payment must be made by December 16th or else layaway service will be cancelled. Any payments will be refunded less a $10 cancellation fee and $5 service fee.
- The Layaway desk will now be open on Friday November 25 (Black Friday) starting at 8 a.m. in most stores.
- - Eligible toys & electronics can be put on layaway, including the special savings items at 8 a.m.
- - Items included in the limited time or “while supplies last” 10 p.m. and midnight events will not be eligible for layaway prior to 8 a.m.
- - NY, not all stores may be able to offer 8 a.m. Black Friday items on layaway. Customers should check with their store management for more information.
How Walmart’s Price Match Guarantee Works
- All branded, general merchandise including toys, home goods, electronics, hardware, etc. are eligible for the Christmas Price Gurantee. Grocery and food items are not.
- Items placed on layaway will also be eligible for the Christmas Price Guarantee.
- Items matched must be an identical in-stock product which will be verified by the brand, size, color, grade, quantity, and model number at the Walmart store.
- Customers need to simply bring in their original Walmart cash register receipt and the local competitor’s current printed ad to Walmart’s Customer Service desk through Dec. 25. Once validated, a gift card for the difference will be issued.
- Valid ads accepted are those that are current (date has not passed) and that have been printed and distributed by the competitor. Photos or photo copies will not be accepted.
- Competitor’s online prices are excluded from the Christmas Price Guarantee.
- The guarantee does not cover local competitor’s Black Friday Ads, but Walmart’s Ad-Match Policy will still be in effect on Black Friday.